Wednesday, August 15, 2007

NyQuil's Failure

This is my rant and rave.
I get a head cold, go to the store for NyQuil, something for the day (DayQuil makes me really sick), and tissues.
I get home take some NyQuil, lay down on the couch expecting to pass out, but instead I get sicker, with a really bad stomach ache.
Not until today did I discover that NyQuil changed the formula, removing Pseudoephedrine (the really good stuff that knocks out the sniffles and makes you pass out) and replaced it with Doxylamine Succinate (the stuff in DayQuill that doesn't work as well, and makes me sick).
A word to the wise, NyQuil is a failure, no longer a failsafe you can count on. And as soon as people realise what has happened their sales are going to drop so bad.
Tylenol works allright, non-drowsy containing phenylephrine HCL, but still no replacement for the good stuff.
If you go into a pharmacy looking for something containing Pseudoephedrine they'll think you are making meth, what has this world come to?

As a side note, puffs with lotion is a real nose saver, in that your nose takes much longer to become raw and painful.

Hi mom!

1 comment:

aksunflour said...

glad that you are using puffs- and good to know about Nyquil. Have you tried using the Vick's baby vapo-rub that you "borrowed"? There is no side effects in that, also chamomile tea. If that fails try Lee's cold remedy. I give you permission to use that- and it will knock you out. (Miss Chris uses that at her house too).